2019 TEXSOM BEST SOMMELIER COMPETITION
Thank you for your interest in applying to compete in the TEXSOM Best Sommelier Competition. The application period is now closed. Those who have applied will receive notification of whether they were accepted to compete prior to conference registration opening.
The TEXSOM Best Sommelier Competition is judged by Master Sommeliers and Masters of Wine from around the globe during the TEXSOM conference. We are accepting applicants from Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, and New Mexico to compete for the title of TEXSOM’S Best Sommelier 2019. The competition will be held Sunday, August 18, 2019 at the Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas. The competition includes a tasting exam, practical service exam and written theory exam.
The following Scholarships will be rewarded from the Guild of Sommeliers Education Foundation to be used for a Court of Master Sommeliers certification program.
- 1st Place: $2,500 Scholarship
- 2nd Place: $1,500 Scholarship
- 3rd Place: $1,000 Scholarship
If you are selected to compete, the conference team will take into consideration your availability to volunteer and compete when planning your schedules.
TEXSOM BEST SOMMELIER COMPETITION ELIGIBILITY
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
- Competitors can not have achieved Advanced Sommelier Certification or higher
with the Court of Master Sommeliers
- TEXSOM Best Sommelier Winners are not eligible to compete in future years
- Please be prepared to provide two years of work or educational history and a
recent headshot and bio for our website. If you do not currently have a headshot
and bio you may provide them at a later date.
The winner will be announced at the TEXSOM Conference Grand Tasting and Awards
Reception on Tuesday, August 20, 2019.